Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 28 of 365 Days of Art Challenge

It's been an exciting week and has kept me busy enough that I didn't get this posted yesterday as planned. My daughter came over yesterday to tell me she was pregnant!! It's her first! So she's very excited, but nervous, too.

On to the 365 Days of Art Challenge - Week 28! Time just keeps marching forward! I did some more digital art this week. I worked with my Paper Camera app that I mentioned in last week's post (Week 27 of the 365 Days of Art Challenge).  I chose a photo that I took of my 2-yr old grandson playing the piano and then used the different effects available in Paper Camera to show the features of the app. 

This is my original photo - a vignette of my grandson singing while playing a small electric piano. I had planned to use a flower image, but the photo of my grandson shows off the various effects better.  
Vignette of 2 year old grandson singing while playing electric piano.
I originally edited this photo using Photoshop Elements.
 
 Following are the 14 effects available in the Paper Camera app. There are various choices in each effect (background, brightness, colors, contrast, edges, foreground, lines, saturation, quantization, shine, slickness, strokes, water, vignette)  that can be manipulated to change the final outcome of the photo. Paper Camera can take a photo to work from or use a photo already on your tablet to create digital art. I thin this app creates some interesting effects to use in digital art.

I tried to put these in a video format. The preview worked great, but every time I then saved the final version, the program would crash. The company said it's a bug in the program and they are working on it. Hopefully next time I have so many photos (especially of a series), I can put them in a video!  

Acquarello produces a watercolor effect. 
Andy Pop is reminiscent of Andy Warhol's work.



Bleaching washes out the colors.
Comic Boom creates a comic book look.

Contour creates a monotone drawing. The color can be changed. 

Gotham Noir creates a rich black and white image.

Granny's Paper produces a sepia-toned image.
Half Ton creates a dot matrix effect in color. 
Haystacks is reminiscent of pointillism (creating an image using dots of color).
Neon Cola creates an effect like a neon sign - bright, bold colors against the dark night. 

Old Printer - The image appears to have been created on an old dot matrix printer.
You probably need to be over 40 to remember the old dot matrix printers. Lol!
(I'm certainly dating myself since I remember using these printers!)  

Pastel Perfect gives the soft effect of pastels.

Pen and Ink produces a blue monotone image.













Sketch Up produces a pencil or charcoal- like drawing of the image. 


Thank you for checking out all the effects that Paper Camera can create with me. 


Keep creating!!




2 comments:

  1. Those are all very cool effects. How fun it must be to play with that program. I think I like the neon sign effect best, although they are all really good. And yes I remember those dot matrix printers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. The neon sign effect is one of my favorites, too.

      Delete